Electric hoists usually fall into one of two categories: Chain Hoists or Wire Rope Hoists.
Electric chain hoists are designed to provide reliability and are commonly used to lift less than 7.5 tons. They may be less expensive than electric wire rope hoists, and provide true vertical lift for applications requiring extreme precision. Electric chain hoists can also be used on single, double or box girder cranes and provide the operator with speed controls which allow for more accurate positioning of the load.
Wire rope hoists are used for heavier applications (usually more than 10 tons), and are very fast and efficient in lifting. They are designed for areas with low headroom that need to get the highest lift possible.
Below are a few examples of electric hoists available. See more electric hoists in our catalog.
Bison 3-Phase Electric Chain Hoist
- Features a friction-clutch for overload protection.
- Perfect for unloading trucks, assembly line work or moving material from one point to another.
CM LODESTAR® Electric Chain Hoist
- Less maintenance and easier inspection.
- 5-pocket liftwheel for smoother lifting and longer chain life.
- Easy access to the control panel and internal components.
Coffing® Hoists JLC Electric Chain Hoists
- Easy access to controls and motor leads for changing voltage or servicing the hoist.
- 5-pocket load sheave for smoother lifting and reduced chain wear.
Located in West Hartford, CT, Material Handling Systems, Inc. is a leading supplier of material handling systems in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and New York. Whatever industry you're in, we've got the solution you need to get it done better, faster, safer. We pride ourselves on offering superior customer service and competitive pricing on all of our products and services. Some of our products include: cranes, hoists, lift tables, conveyors, storage racks, dock equipment, material handling equipment, guarding/fall protection systems and more. We also offer system engineering & design, installation, safety & inspection, and sales/service. If you have equipment or materials that you want to move carefully, please contact our offices at 860-523-4205 or fill out the contact form to discuss how we can help.